Dental Crowns in Mira Mesa, San Diego
A dental crown is a custom-designed tooth “cap” that mimics your tooth’s exact size and structure. A crown is put in place to cover a damaged tooth, restoring the tooth’s original size, shape, appearance, and strength.
There are quite a few reasons to consider a dental crown:
- Crowns serve to protect the tooth from further damage
- They can prevent the need for a root canal or extraction
- Crowns are made of strong, durable material that can lasts a decade
- They are designed to match the shade of surrounding teeth for a natural appearance
Are Dental Crowns Right For You?
Your Scripps West Dental professional may recommend a dental crown if you are experiencing any of the following issues:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Discoloration that doesn’t respond to whitening
- Misshaped teeth
- Severely decayed or damaged teeth
- Uneven bite due to teeth grinding
As long as the original tooth structure can still support a restoration, it’s possible for a dental crown to repair tooth damage and improve your smile.